Sustainable Design: Being Green
Sustainable Design (or Green Design) considers how a building or community performs across all the areas that matter most: energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts.
The choices you make have a profound impact on the world around you. Will the dollars you spend go into your regional economy? How much energy will your building use? Is your building a good neighbor? DLA Architects will help you navigate these sustainable design questions and many more.
Our Project Managers, designers, and drafting staff are all trained in energy conscious and sustainable design – more than two-thirds of which maintain LEED® Professional credentials.
Our Team will incorporate sustainable design principles into your building program and architectural design, but don’t worry, this doesn’t mean it will cost more. In fact, it’s likely that you will save money over the life of your building systems!
Economic Benefits of Sustainable Design:
- Lower bottom-line operating costs and life-cycle economic performance
- Better attendance and employee productivity
Health and Community Benefits of Sustainable Design:
- Better air quality
- Efficient heating and cooling and comfortable temperatures
- Superior acoustics
- Healthier and happier building occupants
- Less strain on local infrastructure
Environmental Benefits of Sustainable Design:
- Better air and water quality
- Less solid waste
- Leave a smaller footprint by consuming fewer natural resources
- Enhance and protect ecosystems and biodiversity