We’ve had our quad-copter drone out at the Burlington, Illinois site of the new Elgin Community College Public Safety Training Center several times this summer. Take a look at the footage from one of the visits.
You can see a great deal of progress at the 75-acre site. The new building structures at the Public Safety Training Center include:
- an 18,000 SF Academic Building,
- a 10,000 SF Apparatus Building to accommodate training on fire and police equipment,
- a 3-story Fire Training Tower (or Burn Tower) to simulate both residential and commercial fire scenarios,
- and a Pump House/Grounds Storage Facility.
The site itself will offer some unique features such as:
- a driving pad that includes a wet-weather skid pad to provide firsthand experience with advanced vehicle maneuver training,
- a pond that will be used to draft the water for firefighter training,
- and a second pond that will be used for search and rescue training.
Read more at: