At DLA Architects, we don’t only see the THINK [about architecture] Scholarship as a competition, but also as a learning experience all around. We hope that by participating, students learn to look at the built environment around them and think about why things are done the way they are and how these decisions affect everyone who uses the building or grounds.
The firm has offered nearly $300,000 in scholarships since 1997.
DLA Architects is pleased to announce this year’s winners:
- Lilly Donkel – Homewood Flossmoor CHS (SD233) – School Level Winner (tie)
- Olivia Fortman – Homewood Flossmoor CHS (SD233) – School Level Winner (tie)
- Emily Kuehl – Lincoln-Way Central High School (Lincoln-Way School District 210) – School Level Winner
- Caitlin Nelligan – Lincoln-Way East High School (Lincoln-Way School District 210) – School Level Winner
- Kristen Hackiewicz – Lemont High School (Lemont THSD 210) – School Level Winner (tie)
- Abigail Belsan – Lemont High School (Lemont THSD 210) – State Runner Up
- Allison Brown – Lockport Twp. High School (Lockport Township High School District 205) – State Winner
The school-level winners received $500 scholarships for college. 1st place and 2nd place each received an additional $1,000 and $500 respectively. Congratulations to all who received a scholarship!