DLA Architects today announced that Thomas W. McInerney, partner and Comptroller, will retire this year.
“Tom has been an instrumental part of our executive team, leading the financial management aspects of the firm, from billing to accounts receivable to payroll,” said Dwain Lutzow, DLA’s CEO. “While we are very sad to have him leave, his retirement is well-deserved. All of us here at DLA wish him and his wife Judi fair winds and a following sea. We hope he enjoys every day of his retirement.”
A top-notch financial officer, Tom McInerney has been a Principal at DLA Architects for 17 years. Over the years, he was responsible for the implementation of the firm’s individual development program which included training, continuing education, and a formal review process, resulting in increased employee qualifications and performance. The program has since identified top performers for promotion into the Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
Before he himself was promoted to the Leadership Team, his title was Project Architect and he served in that role for 7 years, working on numerous projects for the firm. Prior to his 24 years at DLA, Tom held leadership positions at Richard P. Jarosz & Associates and at Opus North Corporation.
An accomplished architect, Tom has received accolades such as:
- Excellence in Lighting, Illinois Lighting Institute – Omni Food Store; West Chicago, Illinois
- Excellence in Lighting, Illinois Lighting Institute – Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church; Rosemont, Illinois
- Chicago Archdiocese Design Excellence – Our Lady of Hope Catholic Church; Rosemont, Illinois
- Excellence in Masonry, Bronze Medal, Ohio Masonry Institute – Parisian Department Store; Fairfield, Ohio
- Interior Design Award, Chain Store Age – Parisian Department Store; Fairfield, Ohio