Hononegah Community High School Fieldhouse Addition, Hononegah Community High School District 207, Rockton, IL received an Award of Merit for Excellence in the Design of Educational Environments from Illinois Association of School Boards
In the entry selection for the exhibition, the jury gave top consideration to educational program solutions.
Here were the requirements/criterion:
- Program or Challenge – Functional relationships, special challenges met, community partnerships, context (urban/suburban/rural)
- How does the facility meet 21st century educational environmental needs – Project based learning, integrated curriculum, integration of technology with curriculum, learning styles/multiple intelligences
- Design – Context, color, pleasant learning environment, age appropriate, furnishings
- Unique energy efficiency or Green features – Green power, innovative design
- Safety (NIA to renovation/rehab/special projects) – Passive security design, traffic patterns