Position: Architectural Production/Drafter – Permanent, full-time
DLA Architects, Ltd. is seeking a self-motivated Architectural Production/Drafter to join our growing firm located in Itasca, IL. Candidates must be client focused and have experience working as part of a team in a professional environment.
DLA is nationally ranked for educational architecture and one of the midwest’s top overall architecture design firms. We have a great company culture. We work hard, and we have a lot of fun. Our kitchen is stocked with healthy snacks and caffeinated beverages. Almost every week we host a luncheon with a continuing education program and once a month we provide a full, catered breakfast. Our conveniently located office building has an on-site deli, ATM, convenience store, and complimentary fitness center, along with miles of walking paths in a park-like setting. Once a quarter, we get together for a social outing with activities ranging from our annual summer picnic to Top Golf to go-kart races or laser tag. To top that off, we finish the work week with a happy hour.
- Competitive pay
- Partial reimbursement for membership in professional organizations, such as AIA
- BCBS Health
- Dental and Disability Insurance available
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
This position requires:
- Educational project experience is preferred.
- Able to engage the project team.
- Able to undertake complex technical and design issues and develop solutions
The ideal candidate has:
- 0-5 years of relevant experience in technical production in an architecture firm.
- Experience preparing construction documents for projects in the US.
- Knowledge of building codes, standards, and building structures
- Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create technical documents that succinctly describe the work to be done
- Strong organizational, communication, and relationship management skills
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word and Excel. Revit preferred, AutoCAD.
- BA in Architecture preferred
Samples of work demonstrating US experience (Illinois preferred) outlined above required.
Please complete the form and attach your resume with your portfolio in PDF form to Lou Noto.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.