Position: Interior Designer – Permanent, full-time
DLA Architects, Ltd. is seeking an Intermediate Interior Designer with experience in education and/or commercial projects to join our growing firm located in Itasca, IL. Candidates must be a client focused leader with the ability to constructively and collaboratively interact and engage with clients and team members.
- Carry out interior design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development & construction documents
- Space planning and design
- Detailing and coordinating finishes on interior elevations, casework details, specialty details
- Design and implement lighting concepts
- Coordinate/produce reflected ceiling plans and details
- Coordinate/produce floor finish plans & details
- Develop, prepare, and coordinate presentation materials
- Edit applicable Division 9 specification sections with Project Architect.
- Review finish shop drawings
- Create digital PDF of all finish materials selected
- Participates in selection of FF&E color palettes & material presentations, and generate specifications
- Develop 3D renderings and images of design ideas
- Meet with clients, consultants, and contractors to ensure design goals are being met
- Help manage & organize materials library
- Manage database for current manufacturer representatives
- Manage database for finish material costs (Material & Installation)
- Material research
Samples of work demonstrating US experience (Illinois preferred) outlined above required.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited school
- 3-8 years minimum of relevant design experience in interiors. Experience in the interior design of educational environments is a plus.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, 3-D programs (SketchUp, Lumion, Enscape), Adobe presentation software (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Certification or state-licensed is a plus
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials and specifications
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas
- LEED accreditation is a plus
Please complete the form and attach your resume with your portfolio in PDF form to Lou Noto.
No phone calls or drop-ins, please.