Our architectural office is looking for an outstanding candidate for a full-time Administrative Assistant/Front Desk Receptionist for our office located in Itasca, Illinois. We are looking for a candidate with exceptional communication, customer service skills, and an incredible ability to build relationships with our clients and team members. This role requires passion, dedication, a positive outlook and cheerful disposition, and hard work.
We owe our success to the talented, caring, and passionate professionals who want to be a part of something great! If you believe like we do in treating our clients and customers in a caring way in a fun supportive environment, then we want to meet you!
Knowledge or experience in the following areas:
- Open and close front office/receptionist area – our office hours are 8 am to 5 pm
- Answer phones on VoIP phone system and greet guests
- Receive and distribute packages and mail
- Drop off mail in the evenings, and take certified mail to the post office as needed
- Schedule USPS, UPS pickups.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of conference rooms and kitchen on a daily basis
- Keep printers, copiers and faxes stocked with paper
- Schedule conference rooms for meetings
- Perform data entry
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned
The position requires:
- A polished, professional demeanor
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A minimum of 2-3 years of prior Administrative Assistant experience
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook is a must
- A focus on details
- A stable work history
DLA is nationally ranked for educational architecture and one of the Midwest’s top overall architecture design firms. We have a great company culture. We work hard, and we have a lot of fun. Once a quarter, we get together for a social outing with activities which in the past have included a summer picnic, Top Golf, go-kart races, and some innocent laser tag. To top that off, we finish each work week with a happy hour. Our kitchen is stocked with healthy snacks and caffeinated beverages. Almost every week we host a luncheon with a continuing education program and once a month we provide a full, catered breakfast. Our conveniently located office building has an on-site deli, ATM, convenience store, and complimentary fitness center, along with miles of walking paths in a park-like setting.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email in PDF form to Sandra Warren
No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
In order to be considered for this position, you must email a resume.