We’re seeking a creative and motivated individual to join the DLA Architects Design Team.
This role works closely with the Interiors Team to develop FF&E packages that meet the individual needs of our clients and spaces.
The ideal candidate will possess education FF&E specification and procurement experience.
DLA is nationally ranked for educational architecture and is one of the Midwest’s top overall architecture design firms.
We have a great company culture. We work hard, and we have a lot of fun. Our kitchen is stocked with healthy snacks and caffeinated beverages. Almost every week we host a luncheon with a continuing education program and once a month we provide a full, catered breakfast. Our conveniently located office building has an on-site deli, ATM, convenience store, and complimentary fitness center, along with miles of walking paths in a park-like setting. Once a quarter, we get together for a social outing with activities ranging from our annual summer picnic to Top Golf to go-kart races or laser tag. To top that off, we finish the work week with a happy hour.
- Competitive pay
- Partial reimbursement for membership in professional organizations, such as AIA
- 401k 3% Match
- BCBS Health
- Dental and Disability Insurance available
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Use evidence-based research and design to create informed furniture plans and concepts
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers and fabricators to prepare specifications of FF&E packages
- Generate furniture plans, specifications and material selections that compliment the architecture and design intent of the space
- Coordinate presentations with/for clients
- Understands and manages financial impact of FF&E packages on assigned projects
- Coordinate showroom tours, mock-ups and sample deliveries
- Oversee all installations, final punch lists and other necessary site visits for FF&E packages
- Assist with FF&E portion of the Materials Library
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections and specifications
- Experience in developing FF&E bid packages
- 3-5+ years of experience, K-12 Education is highly desired
- Ability to work on multiple projects at different stages simultaneously
- Graphics and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software
- Proficient in use of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is preferred
- Proficient in use of Revit and SketchUp is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design or related discipline is a plus
- Experience managing multiple projects at one time with competing timelines while ensuring specified budgets and deadlines are met
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills are a must
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact well with other disciplines and clients in a manner that builds productive relationships
In order to be considered for this position, you must provide work samples or your portfolio with your resume. US experience (Illinois preferred) outlined above required.
Please submit cover letter and resume including work samples/portfolio via email in PDF form to Steven K. Wright, AIA.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Itasca, Illinois 60143