Position: Project Architect – Permanent, full-time
DLA Architects, Ltd. is seeking a Project Architect with 5-10 years project experience in education and/or commercial architecture to join our growing firm located in Itasca, IL. Candidates must be a client focused leader with the ability to interact and engage with clients and team members.
DLA is nationally ranked for educational architecture and one of the midwest’s top overall architecture design firms. We have a great company culture. We work hard, and we have a lot of fun. Our kitchen is stocked with healthy snacks and caffeinated beverages. Almost every week we host a luncheon with a continuing education program and once a month we provide a full, catered breakfast. Our conveniently located office building has an on-site deli, ATM, convenience store, and complimentary fitness center, along with miles of walking paths in a park-like setting. Once a quarter, we get together for a social outing with activities ranging from our annual summer picnic to Top Golf to go-kart races or laser tag. To top that off, we finish the work week with a happy hour.
- Competitive pay
- Partial reimbursement for membership in professional organizations, such as AIA
- 401k 3% Match
- BCBS Health
- Dental and Disability Insurance available
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination
- Educational project experience is preferred.
- Engage clients and lead project teams.
- Able to undertake complex technical and design issues and develop solutions
- Prepare project manual and specifications
- Construction Administration including on-site observations and documentation, processing of submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc.
- Familiarity with public bidding.
Samples of work demonstrating US experience (Illinois preferred) outlined above required.
The ideal candidate has:
- Must possess 5+ years of relevant experience as a technical project architect.
- Ability to complete a full set of construction documents
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create technical documents that succinctly describe the work to be done
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word and Excel. Revit, AutoCAD.
- BA in Architecture
Please submit cover letter and resume via email in PDF form to Lou Noto.
No phone calls or drop-ins please.