Ridgewood High School Among Buildings Contributing to State of Illinois’ Top LEED Ranking
Today the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) released its annual ranking of the Top 10 States in the nation for LEED, the world’s most widely used and recognized green building rating system, with the state of Illinois placing first for the second year.
The per-capita list highlights states throughout the country that are making impactful strides in sustainable building design, construction and transformation. LEED-certified spaces use less energy and water resources, save money for families, businesses and taxpayers, reduce carbon emissions and create a healthier environment for residents, workers and the larger community.
“Every story about a green building is a story about people,” said Rick Fedrizzi, CEO and founding chair, USGBC. “USGBC’s annual recognition of the Top 10 States for LEED goes beyond gross square feet or number of projects and factors in LEED’s potential in a given state to be part of the daily life of the state’s residents. This per-capita approach tells a great story about how LEED has become an important benchmark in the transformation of the nation’s built environment. LEED certified buildings and the innovations they have driven contribute substantially to our national economic growth, create jobs and improve the quality of life in the communities where they are found. We commend the business and community leaders, policy makers and green building professionals in each of these states for making the commitment to create a healthier, more sustainable future.
Other DLA Architects Projects that have achieved LEED certification include:
- New Harold S. Rider Family Media Science and Fine Arts Center for Elgin Academy (LEED Gold Certified)
- Expansion of Ridgewood High School for Ridgewood High School District 234 (LEED Gold Certified)
- THE National Bank, new Branch in Elgin (LEED Gold Certified)
- New Fulton Elementary School for Community Consolidated School District 146 (LEED Silver Certified)
- Grand Victoria Foundation Elgin Offices for Grand Victoria Foundation (LEED Silver Certified)
- Berg Engineering Consultants Offices, Schaumburg (LEED Silver Certified)
- Cantigny Outdoor Education Center for Cantigny Foundation/McCormick Foundation (LEED Silver Certified)
- Aurora Early Childhood Center for IFF (LEED Silver Certified)
- Fox River Water Reclamation District new Administrative Building (LEED Silver Certified)
- DLA Architects Corporate Headquarters in Itasca (LEED Certified)
Read about the full ranking of the top 10 states here.